Your IT business partner
Night Shift Network Operations Center (NOC) Maintenance Technician
Job Category: Technical
Location: Remote or in Office
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 10 PM – 7 AM EST
Computer Business Consultants is a progressive IT provider based in Central Florida, specializing in comprehensive and innovative technology solutions for businesses of all sizes in any location. We offer a wide range of IT services tailored to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our commitment to excellence, reliability, and customer satisfaction sets us apart as the top choice for organizations seeking IT support and solutions.
Why Work Here?:
Competitive Wages – Excellent Benefits – Career Opportunities
NOC Maintenance Technician is a full-time, entry level position with benefits including, Health, Dental, Vision, Company matched IRA, Paid Time Off, and Paid holidays.
Scope: Perform regularly scheduled computer system maintenance, monitoring, and updates on MSP client workstations, servers, and networks during evening hours, and collaborate with the IT team for client and in-house IT projects.
Requirements: Possess a basic familiarity with IT Systems and Operating Systems with some IT or MSP hands-on training or experience. Strong attention to detail with the ability to diagnose and remediate maintenance, software, and hardware issues as needed for MSP client systems to ensure optimal system performance.
- Server maintenance: Monitor and maintain client servers, ensuring their optimal performance, installing updates and patches, and basic troubleshooting server-related issues. Operating systems include Microsoft Windows Server, SCO Unix, and Linux.
- Workstation maintenance: Monitor client workstations, ensure optimal performance, and install updates and patches for Windows and Mac.
- Software updates and patches: Install security patches and software updates for MSP client software applications, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Virtual host server maintenance: Monitor and maintain client virtual VMWare and Hyper-V virtual host servers, install updates and patches, and perform basic troubleshooting.
- Hardware maintenance: Conduct regular inspections and maintenance of client’s server systems through integrated monitoring and management systems.
- Network maintenance: Monitor and maintain client network infrastructure and perform scheduled firmware updates for client routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points. Troubleshoot fundamental network connectivity issues and ensure network performance.
- System backups monitoring and maintenance: Manage and monitor client data backups. Test and verify the integrity of backups, and take necessary actions to remediate backup failures.
- System performance monitoring: Monitor client system performance and metrics through integrated monitoring and management for CPU usage, memory utilization, disk space, and network bandwidth. Identify performance bottlenecks and take necessary actions to optimize system performance.
- After-Hours On-Call User support: Provide essential after-hours on-call technical support to end-users by addressing their IT-related queries, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and assisting with system configurations as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of client IT systems, including hardware and software configurations, troubleshooting guides, and user manuals.
- IT project support: Assist in the implementation and maintenance of client and in-house IT projects, such as client system upgrades, migrations, and new software deployments.
Benefits of Working for Computer Business:
Computer Business offers excellent benefits for you and your family. We care about our employees and their immediate family members! We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- Growth opportunities with company paid training
- Remote and onsite hybrid position
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- IRA with employer match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Company issued cell phone, laptop and other devices
- Gym membership discounts
- Team-building activities
- Lunch and learns
- Company provided healthy snacks, fruits, and beverages
- Other employee events
Computer Business is a Drug Free Workplace
Computer Business Consultants, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Employees of Computer Business and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, gender, or age.